~Review~ Maybelline New York Super Stay 10 Stain Gloss in Pink Plush....

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I stay scrollin' and trollin' Pinterest. Its nothing but a whole lotta trouble somedays....just like yesterday. lol!

I was "scrollin', trollin' and pinnin' and came across a Pin for Maybelline New York Super Stay 10 Stain Gloss that one of my favorite beauty bloggers was raving about. So, I made a beeline in the "Rolla to CVS and snapped up one of these beauties.

The color I got was Pink Plush. At my CVS, they  are priced at $8.99, which explains why I only got one. O_o




The wand is a open doe foot design that really gives your lips an even coat the first application around. L'Oreal Infalliable lip gloss has a similar design.
Here's my lips with Plush Pink, no top gloss or lip liner....

Say hello to my nose hairs....go ahead..."HELLOOOO!!!" LOL!

Pros:
-Amazing color payoff and beautiful gloss.
-Smells slightly fruity but no overwhelming.
-I love the applicator and design.
-The cap on the tube is a very close match to the gloss if you need to know the color before purchase.


Cons:
-10hrs?? Not unless you don't eat. lol! Seriously, It has some staying power but I ate lunch and all the color was gone, not even a slight tint that I expected to be there.
-$9 is steep for a drugstore gloss. I noticed haven't bought any Maybelline products in a while because they have some of the highest price points in Mass Market Stores and Drugstores. It might be cheaper at Wal-Mart or Target. *Shrugs*

Overall....

I want three more colors: Mauve Dream, Blissful Brown and Cool Coral. However, I will be waiting for a Maybelline sale before I buy any more of them.

So....what do ya'll think...let me know in the comments!:)



4 comments:

Savannah on 11:32 PM said...

I like the color, I just hate how drugstore brands try to charge so much for one lip product! I'm with you, I always wait for drugstore sales before stocking up!
xxx

Unknown on 11:39 PM said...

Hi Savannah!! I love drugstore brands and I'm glad they are on the come up in quality but the consumer is definitely taking the hit to the pockets with some of them. Sales are the way to go!

LaVronya on 7:36 AM said...

Hey love the shade but not that price point! It really compliments your tone.

Unknown on 12:16 AM said...

Thanks LaVronya!