Maybelline Master Glaze Blush in Make It Mauve Review + Swatches.....

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Disclosure: This product was purchased by me.

Hey Everyone!

After waiting, debating and watching a handful of YouTube video reviews, I finally bought  Maybellline Master Glaze Blush in Make It Mauve.





 I was too excited to use it, after I swatched it on my hand!!! Gorgeous!!
 Wearing Make It Mauve on my cheek. I apply a swipe then blend it in and then apply another swipe and blend it in for more intensity.
Consensus...

I like Master Glaze Blush but then I don't....here's why.

The color is gorgeous, perfect for women of color. One swipe on the cheek, blended with my fingers was sheer but the product is buildable. The consistency is like a stick foundation, goes on creamy but it needs to be set with a translucent powder or another blush. I found that a translucent powder washes the color out a bit, so a blush would be better. But what is the point of using a stick blush, when you have to set it with a powder blush?

This blush didn't last that long on me neither. I'm not that oily in the winter and I applied it over a BB Cream and they lasted maybe four hours, tops. Even set with powder, the lasting power didn't go up.

The price point was not my cup of tea for a drugstore product. They were $7.49 at my local Walmart and $8.99 up the street at my CVS. I don't care if that is under $10, $8-$9 blush at the drugstore is steep.

I actually bought another color, Pink Fever, which is a gorgeous bright pink swatched, but goes on my face more like a highlighter, a frosty pink.

**le sigh**






5 comments:

Nancy @ Neatly-Packaged on 5:04 PM said...

Wow it looks great on you! I wish I could wear make up as well as you wear it :) Thanks for sharing!

Unknown on 7:27 PM said...

Thank you! and thanks for stopping by!

LaVonndra Johnson on 7:59 PM said...

I'm such a blush girl . . . . this shade looks great on you. I may have to pick up one myself!

Honey Tan on 9:45 PM said...

Beautiful!! The mauve is lovely on you.

Honey Tan on 9:45 PM said...

Beautiful!! The mauve is lovely on you.