The May 2010 InStyle Magazine, which hosts the Best Beauty Buys, lists Iman Luxury Radiance Liquid Makeup as the “Best Buy” for “Dark Skin”. I was a bit intrigued because Iman Cosmetics is sold at my local rural Wal-Mart. I always bypass it though, the price point of most of it is not attractive and it looks virtually untouched. But, I thought, a $15 foundation in a Superstore must be worth it and I’ve never tried the products, so I gave it a whirl. Here’s the Rural Glamour Scoop!
**My color is Earth 1**
- Luckily for me, the color I choose was my color
- Gives a medium to light coverage
- The mineral sparkle gives the skin radiance, if that is what you are looking for
- The display in Wal Mart was not helpful at choosing the right color foundation
- The $15 price point was a little steep for me personally. I haven’t paid over $8 for a foundation in years.
- The mousse like texture makes it difficult for even coverage
I found it a bit hard to choose my color. If you have ever been to a Cover Girl Queen Collection Display, most of them have a “color wheel”, that you can put near your skin to determine your color. Some L’Oreal and Maybelline displays also do this. Iman needs to do this. Thank God for my ability to pick my foundation color in a drugstore setting! All women can’t do this and if they are going to push $15 foundation, they need to give people a hand at picking it. I mean, really, I’m going to really ask a store associate (when you can FIND one) to help me pick a foundation. Ok, that sounds bit elitist, but ya’ll know the deal and don’t skimp on words, cuzins.
I’m working with the foundation. I’ve found that it can only be applied with a sponge or foundation brush for even coverage. The “mineral” sheen or shimmer in the foundation is a bit overwhelming, even glittery. I don’t like any sheen in my foundation. Matte is my favorite. I’ll use this up and then its own to the next, unless I find something better in the process.