Thanks to Walgreens for underwriting this post. I was paid as a member of the Clever Girls Collective, but the content is all mine. Visit http://www.discoverbeautywithin.com/.
Spring is more than just allergies and thunderstorms. It is also the season of special events: proms, weddings, cotillions, etc. As much as money we will spend on a hot dress and some great shoes, everything else such as makeup and beauty should be budget friendly as possible! Here are my tips on budget beauty for event season:
1) Visit your local Walgreens to pick up a great smoky eye quad or a fresh red lipstick from for that special night right in the beauty section. So many brands have smoky eye kits and different shades of red so finding the perfect color is so easy. I love the selection that Wet N’ Wild and Milani has for special event makeup.
2) Prep your body by buying a shaver and luminous body lotion so that you will slip so easily in that beautiful gown on your special day. I recently fell back in love with Vaseline Intensive Lotion. It feels amazing on my skin once again!
3) Don’t forget your “clutch kit” : lip balm, hand sanitizer, travel lotion, and tissues. Put mini sizes of all these products in your evening handbag or clutch. Most these items are available in the travel product section of the store.
4) Are you doing your own manicure or pedicure? Everything you need from bouncy brights to nice neutrals in nail polish are available at Walgreens. I just picked up a sweet coral shade by Essie last week! You can also pick up nail files, clippers and pumice stones for complete nail and foot care.
5) If you are natural hair girl like me, Walgreens has extended their brands for our hair from Shea Moisture to Curls Unlimited and several others with great deals each week. I’m dying to try some of the new brands I’ve seen recently.
6) For those sky high heels, Dr. Scholls inserts and bottom of the shoe grips to make sure you can stay in those shoes all night!
I hope that my tips will help you be gorgeous for whatever event you are attending this spring. Have fun!!