Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Wet N' Wild Silk Finish Blush in Threesome- highlighters and contour colors all in one! Gorgeous:) I got this on clearance for $1.72
L'Oreal Blush Delice in Ginger Snap- I'm kinda addicted to peachy colored blushes...they just look good on me. This was part of a LE color story about three years ago.
Milani Blush in Luminous - the ever popular Luminous...I snatched this up when it was extra popular and compared to its counterpart Nars Orgasm...this wears better on my skin. Its indeed luminous. Its still sold, in different packaging...
L'Oreal Blush in Front Page Peach- L'Oreal used to do a Golden Globes collex every year and this blush is from the 2007 collex...Peach with wonderful golden undertones...
Monday, April 26, 2010
Friday, April 23, 2010
I got ANOTHER contest for you!
Enter to win lights camera lashes by tarte cosmetics!....this is one of my favorite mascaras of all time. You'll love it, I promise! You can also pair tarte clean slate under your foundation for a long lasting look.
Here's what you do:
Tell me in the comments why you want or need lights, camera, lashes mascara!!
Monday, April 19, 2010
Now that you know…what will you do? How you can get involved!
CURLS™ loves their customers and are counting on them to play a role in this new and exciting venture. By becoming a CURLS™ Environista, customers are showing their commitment to the three “R’s”: Recycle, Reuse, and Refill. For example, instead of purchasing a new bottle of product every time they run out, CURLS™ asks their Environistas to instead buy the larger value sized 32 oz. products to refill the bottles they already have.
CURLS™ Environistas will be rewarded for their efforts through becoming members of the CURLS™ VIP Club, receiving little gifts like plantable postcards, T-Shirts, promotions, discounts, and more!
· Become a CURLS Environista one of two ways:
1. When you place your next order at www.curls.biz you will be able to select a box at checkout that says “I want to become and Environista!” or
2. To sign up before your next purchase Go to www.curls.biz and click on Login on the upper right hand corner of the home page. You will need to sign into your account or create a new account. Next select Account from the upper right hand corner of the page andSelect Modify Profile. Select the box that says “I want to become and Environista!”
· Do One Thing…You can make a lasting impact just by changing one thing that you do. Change brings change.
· Purchase our 32 oz sized products and use them to refill your smaller bottles. This will reduce the amount of packaging you use!
· Help the CURLS Street team meet their goal of raising $2000.00 to donate to New York Cares. Click Donate Now! Every dollar donated to New York Cares equals $6 in service to the community. Visitwww.newyorkcares.org to learn more. Every bit helps!
· Spread the word-Share this info with 5 of your curly friends.
Now that you are Aware how our choices in beauty products effect the environment tell me what your "one small change" will be?
For example, I have a 'Use It Up' Challenge for myself to use up all the half used beauty products under my bathroom sick them recycle the plastic properly
Leave in the comments section what your beautiful "one small change" will be and win a Curls T-Shirt ( above)!
The winner will be chosen next Monday April 26, 2010!!
Thursday, April 15, 2010
You can’t change what you don’t understand…Knowledge is power – Sharing the wealth!
Through reaching out to 3 core groups, CURLS™ Customers, CURLS™ Stylists, and CURLS™ Salon Owners, The 4 Step Sustainable CURLS™ Campaign educates these influencers on how small changes can make a big difference for the environment. For example, there are many ways to avoid “product dumping” of used bottles. Regardless of whether they are labeled as recyclable, any time you throw out a bottle you’re causing detrimental effects on the environment. CURLS™ will also show how technology can reduce your carbon footprint!
Through creative promotional efforts like “plantable postcards” organic paper cards that are stamped with our message and embedded with wildflower seeds that you can use to plant your very own tree, organic “CURLS Environista” T-Shirts, and branded recyclable pens, CURLS™ hopes to spread the word in a dynamic and interactive way with all parts of the industry.
To educate salon owners, CURLS™ is partnering up with “Matter of Trust,” an organization of stylists who collect hair scraps that are then recycled and put to good use by being made into mats specially made to soak up industrial oil spills. www.matteroftrust.org/programs/hairmatsinfo.html
Did you know….
· Recycling reduces greenhouse gas emissions by significantly saving the amount of energy needed to manufacture the products that we buy, build and use
· Recycled materials account for 40% of the world’s raw materials and is critical to our future sustainability
· While plastics decompose, they can release potentially harmful substances into the surroundingground water and soil, affecting future generations
· Letting your faucet run for five minutes uses about as much energy as letting a 60-watt light bulb run for 14 hours
· Every year, an estimated 706 million gallons of oil enter our planet's oceans: By far the greatest source of spilled oil is households. Used Motor Oil - accounts for 363 million gallons in our oceans! 50% of Americans change their own motor oil, but only 1/3 of that oil is collected and recycled. 2/3 are dumped down drains or spilled on driveways and onto streets. One typical 5 quart oil change improperly dumped can contaminate millions of gallons of freshwater.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
JLO Blue Glow- I tested this in Kohls one day and its amazing. That's only place I've seen it since.
Ji Baek's Rescue Your Nails - I've been needing this book and its like $2.00 on Amazon.
Balenciaga Paris Eau de Parfum- Every time I smell this in a magazine, I crave it more....
The Janet Collection Mommy Wig- The wig gurus on You Tube styled the hell this girl...its absolutely fabulous.
Monday, April 12, 2010
I applied a set for Easter and here are the pictures....Gorgeous and realistic....
I was blown away but let me break it down a bit more....
Friday, April 09, 2010
Tuesday, April 06, 2010
Monday, April 05, 2010
I've decided to go on a No-Buy( no makeup, no clothes, no jewelry, no accessories, no magazines) for over a month, April 4th( Easter) to May 9th ( Mother's Day)....
Thursday, April 01, 2010
CURLS™, a leader in the curly hair product industry knows that it is not enough to simply be organic. Today it is more important than ever to consider the larger picture and take a 360º approach to living greener. On April 1st 2010 in honor of Earth Month, CURLS™ is proud to launch The 4 Step Sustainable CURLS™ Campaign in order to help consumers reduce their carbon footprint without sacrificing style! On average, curlies have at least 7 partially used bottles of product underneath their vanity/sinks and 9 different brands. This occurs from the “trial and error” process that accompanies curly hair. Nobody needs that much product to make their curls behave! The solution lies in educating yourself on what your individual curls need. The objective of the program is to promote “responsible” product usage and in doing so, reduce waste and encourage recycling. CURLS™ has long promoted their “4 Steps to Frizz Free Curls.” Similarly, this campaign also consists of 4 steps with the ultimate goal being a cleaner, greener environment.
THE FOUR STEPS
- Making customers and industry leaders Aware of the effect wasteful product usage has on the environment
- To Educate customers, stylists, and salon owners on what they can do to make a difference
- Maintain the program through getting customers involved in fun and interactive ways
- Share the ways in which CURLS™ is working to Sustain the program through making their business greener
Are you Aware? Open Your Eyes…look at the facts, decide to make the change.Did You Know?
- Over 30 tons of waste are produced for every one ton of product that reaches the consumer
- 98% of those products that do reach the end consumer are thrown away within 6 months.
- It takes around 450 years for a plastic bottle to degrade.
- You absorb up to 60% of any substance applied to your skin, you could absorb up to 4.4 pounds of manmade chemicals through your body every year- that's not healthy.
- For those curly girls still relaxing their hair...Sodium Hydroxide is the strongest type of principal chemical used in some chemical relaxers because it provides the most long lasting and dramatic effects. However, this same sodium hydroxide is found in drain cleaners, which well demonstrates the strength of this chemical.