RG PrettyGyrl Spotlight: Nikia Phoenix...

Monday, April 21, 2008

So I flipping through this May 2008 Glamour and I come across the this photo and think to myself..."I know that girl..." And I do. She is Nikia Phoenix and she and her mom are featured in May 2008 Mother's Day edition of Glamour Magazine. And she is W.U. peeps, I met her and knew her my senior year at the W.U. We were is SGA together! Geeks,eh! lol!
I pimped her to spill some of her beauty secrets. She's says...

"Beauty tips huh. It's funny because our mothers should pass beauty tips down to their daughters. The only thing my mom taught me was to roll my hair before going to sleep ( which I refuse to do). But I think I've taught Betty a few things or two."


"1). Just because we're black, doesn't mean we are immune to sun damage. So no matter what, I always wear sunscreen.

2). Use products for your skin that contain vitamin E, because we do age.

3). Invest in really good eye cream ( no one wants dark circles or puffy eyes )

4). Moisturize: I prefer cocoa butter"

"And last but not least...

5) Sometimes we need to exfoliate, but we don't want to dry out our skin. So I make this coffee scrub at home that's perfect.

Equal amounts of ground coffee and brown sugar, some olive oil, and also some peppermint oil. Sure it leaves a mess in your tub, but your skin will be clean and refreshed. ( Caffeine is really good for your skin. ) Hope that helps. Oh, and I love Carol's Daughter products"

Thanks "N"!!!

Jamie


2 comments:

Unknown on 5:19 PM said...

Wow. It's great to see young black women with a different look having sucess in this industry.You give me hope for for all minorties in the modeling industry.

TibaB

yummy411 on 10:38 PM said...

i saw this in my glamour. she's so gorgeous. thanks for sharing with us james!