Google+ Badge

Review: Nicka K NK Hi-Def Eye Shadows...

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hi All!!

I picked up these Nicka K Hi-Def Eye Shadow singles at my local BSS after eyeing them for a while. At this particular store, there is an entire display, about 30 colors to choose from at only $1.49 a shade, so you know you girl had to pace herself!! lol!!

I grabbed 3020,3021 and 3023....no names just numbers.

The pigment is super intense. When I used my MAC 213 brush to apply, the shadow picks up like a loose powder, but there is no fall- out and one layer is all your need. The blending is phenomenal, with the right brushes and technique:)



This is 3023, the black shade. Its kinda holographic, that is, it looks black, goes on rich dark blue but you step back and its a smoky grey...for $1.49.


This is 3020, the green shade....this more true to the shade you see, a very intense apple green





This 3021, the blue shade. Can't have enough blue shadow, I tell ya.... :)
I FEENIN' for more of them! But, the other colors are shades that look like I already have them.They all look like satin shadows, and I need more mattes.I would love create a palette with some of the colors. But at $1.49... I could possible buy all of them for the cost of Dior palette( no offense to my Dior lovers...). haha!
Jamie


8 comments:

HeavenLei on 10:42 PM said...

So glad to see someone talking about/using the NK HD shadows. I just discovered them and now I'm irritated at myself for spending so much on my high end cosmetics. Over the past month, I've bought like 17 of them, LOL

Jamie @ Rural Glamour on 10:15 AM said...

they are amazing and cheap. i got 3 more the other day to review.im trying to control the urge to buy them ALL. lol!

HeavenLei on 10:17 PM said...

OMG, I'm fighting the urge too, but at that price, it really wouldn't kill us to indulge! LOL I see you just reviewed/used 3039... it's a perfect dupe for MAC's Bright Fuchsia pigment. It's a pro color that I now don't have to worry about rationing and spilling thanks to NK!

Jamie @ Rural Glamour on 1:08 PM said...

you are right! we could buy them all the NKs at the cost of a five shade Dior palette. What numbers/colors do you like and have?:)

Lyn on 12:22 AM said...

ohh local BSS.. What store is that? I have never heard of it. That is such a good price and they look really good. I'm on a tight budget so no mac for me right now. But I think these would satisfy my makeup craving. It's even cheaper than nyx!

Jamie @ Rural Glamour on 3:19 PM said...

Lyn: BSS- local Beauty Supply Store. its not chain or nothing. i think they would do wonders for your makeup craving!

HeavenLei on 1:55 AM said...

Oops my bad for the delay in response!

I have:
3031(off white shimmer)
3017 (shimmery light champagne)
3008(light tan-ish)
3033(silver)
3037( matte black/ MAC Carbon dupe)
3005(dark plum/MAC Heritage Rouge pigment dupe)
3025(dark purplish pink/MAC Hepcat dupe)
3031 (mid toned purple shimmer)
3012 (almost lavender shimmer)
3020 (somewhere between MAC Deep Truth and Freshwater...)
3019 (Periwinkle shimmer)
3006 (shimmery turquoise/ MAC Parrot/L'Oreal hip Showy dupe with better texture and color payoff)
3034 ( light turquoise/ MAC Haunting dupe w/ better payoff)
3035 (paler turquoise with golden shimmer)
3010 (pale shimmery green)
3026 (shimmery yellow/pretty close dupe of MAC Bright Force/ slightly more payoff than Crest The Wave)
3027( shimmery light terracotta)
3004 ( punchy matte reddish coral)
3039 ( bright fuchsia/ Dupe of MAC Bright Fuchsia Pro Pigment)
3024 ( pink/blue duochrome/like MAC Stars and Rockets/Pink Pearl Pro pigment, but with a less blue)


My favorites are 3039 (no more anxiety over spilling my pigment!)
3024 ( same reason!) 3006 ( I love a peacock-y eye and the payoff/blending is amazing),3037 ( better blending and payoff than Carbon). I think I'm gonna just go ahead and get them all, since I nearly have them all at this point, LOL.

Jamie @ Rural Glamour on 12:39 PM said...

WOW!!

Thanks! I just made a copy of your list Heaven Lei so I can take to the BSS with me.