Review: CoverGirl ShineBlast Lipgloss...

Monday, December 28, 2009

The good folks over at CoverGirl also sent me the new ShineBlast Lipgloss to try out along with ShadowBlasts. I heard the rave over the MUA boards and Twitter over this great new designed applicator called, ShineSculpt, which 'hugs' the lips with each application....

Pros:

-not sticky, the gloss is great smooth texture...
-the Shine Sculpt is the business...Cover Girl better thank their lucky stars on that patent.I could see this on a high end gloss and price on it being thru the roof!!


Cons:
- the watermelon smell turned me off...but I don't like watermelon
-the color were super duper sheer on my pigmented lips...I was sad.Every last color looked like a clear gloss on me. If only they were bit more pigmented....


Consensus:
-Great moisturizing gloss with an innovative applicator...Not good color picks for pigmented lips...Hopefully more colors will be introduced with better pigmentation. I'll tuck these away for the summer when I do wear lighter colors.


Jamie

7 comments:

Lakish on 7:41 PM said...

I'm glad that I didn't request the ShineBlast then! Usually I'm all over lip gloss but for some reason, I wasn't too crazy to try these, just the ShadowBlast sticks. Those turned out to be a disappointment too. Oh well.

Unknown on 7:49 PM said...

They have great ideas but something gets lost in translation...like the lipstains CG came out with...great concept for drugstore but products was iffy...sigh...lol

G. on 8:10 PM said...

Nooo! I was hoping and praying that these would have excellent pigmentation. What a huge bummer. :( But thanks for the great review!

Nemesis on 2:15 PM said...

I bought the one Queen Latifah has on in the ad, thinking that the pigmentation would be great...Im soooooooo disappointed..

Unknown on 4:02 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Isis on 10:53 PM said...

Uhhh! Jamie...I still wanted to see the non-pigmentation on your lips...

You always have a pic...were they that bad??

LOL

~~Isis~~~

Unknown on 3:59 PM said...

I'll do a pic for you tomorrow...you'll see!