Lighter Brows: Sally Hansen Extra Strength Crème Hair Bleach........

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

A couple months ago, I decided that my eyebrows needed a ‘lift’, so went to CVS and picked up Sally Hansen Extra Strength Crème Hair Bleach. I knew I was going to need EXTRA STRENGTH…lol!...I have that kinda hair.


Here’s what my brows look like after I’ve shaped them up. I did the shaping about 2 days before the bleaching. You can also do the shaping afterwards.

Here’s where my problems come in. The directions say the maximum 8 minutes. Eight minutes for my brows didn’t do anything. Nada. I figured out that a carefully timed 16 minutes, double the max time, does the job. Now, I need ‘somebody’ to go back in the lab on this one.*looks around*

Even though the bleach doesn’t give my brows an even color (some hairs are lighter than others), it sets a base for a lighter brow fill which I like. Lighten brows open your face up. If you are not a kitchen sink beautician like me, I would suggest going to a professional.:)

Jamie

4 comments:

LaTonya on 7:47 PM said...

That's the only bleach I use for my eyebrows. I love it. I normally only have to use it every other month. Lightening your brows does really highlight your face. Especially for darker skin.

Michelle (Mick-Mick) on 8:39 PM said...

Looks good! I have wanted to do this, but I was unsure how it would turn out. My biggest fear is that I would walk around with orange brows! BTW - You do a great brow!

Alycia's Hot Spot! on 10:16 PM said...

Good job! I am a kitchen sink beautician also. LOL!

Unknown on 8:06 AM said...

Face splash makeup-I'm glad you like it too. Lightening the brows does open up the face.

Micki-lovebug- That professional comment was for you! lol!

Alycia-High five to my fellow KSB!!lol!