Fresh Coat: Hard Candy Just Nails in Sky...

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

When I saw Hard Candy Just Nails in Sky in Wal-Mart, I was instantly mentally transported back to the day I discovered Sephora in SouthPark Mall in 1996 in Charlotte. I remember walking in there and instantly feeling like I found a home.lol!

I totally remember Hard Candy and Sky polish ( just like I remember buying Tony& Tina Body Glitter and Shower Gels, it was the 90s!! Woo-hoo!). It was always sold out, but I had a bottle that I barely used. Years later, I saw a old crusty bottle of it in a TJ Maxx but didnt buy it.

Check out the history behind Sky according to Hard Candy's Wikipedia page:


Hard Candy is an American cosmetics company, founded in 1995 by Iranian American sisters, Dineh and Pooneh Mohajer and Benjamin Einstein.
The company's first product was nail polish that Dineh mixed herself - a shade of baby blue named "Sky" to match her sandals. In that same year, actress Alicia Silverstone appeared on Late Night with David Letterman and, when asked about her pastel blue fingernails, replied, "It's 'Sky' by Hard Candy," causing an overnight explosion for the brand.[citation needed] A mere 18 months later the brand was quoted as generating $10 million a year in a Forbes ad featuring Dineh.



Thank God its back and it all places, Wal-Mart. I bought two bottles, well I bought the ONLY two bottles there.
 Pretty.!!! Great Formula...this is three coats plus a coat of Seche Vite.

I thought I had something close to color in it in L'Oreal High Tide but High Tide is a grey base and a silver micro shimmer whereas Sky is lighter with a iridescent shimmer.


Have you picked up Sky?




2 comments:

Donna on 3:14 AM said...

That is a lovely color. I really need to stop into Walmart and check out all the new products Hard Candy is coming out with this month, and pick up some of that Sky nail polish. I love blues and purples.

Unknown on 9:01 PM said...

I saw some of new stuff at my WM. Pick up Sky...I have a feeling the polish girls are going to clean it out!