~Review &Swatches~ L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Luminous Lipcolor in Violet Chiffon....

Thursday, September 27, 2012

I've been eyeing the L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Luminous Lipcolor for while at my local CVS. There is a whole display of these, untouched for like, two months. Literally, not one color purchased. LOL!

Until, I bought Violet Chiffon.:) 
One of the reasons I hesitated to purchase the Caresse Lipcolors is that I thought they were like the L'Oreal Le Balm colors that came out the 1st of the year. The Le Balms were glorified lip balms and not made for my pigmented lips. I just didn't want to end up with another dud of a product.



 Violet Chiffon is a dark lavender. Very pretty but I wish it was a tad bit lighter in shade. For reason, lavender lip colors are hard for me to wear.
 (With flash)
I thought Violet Chiffon was very glossy in texture and buttery in feel. The pigmentation was nice, I got a opaque coverage on my lips.

(Without flash)
Consensus:
I thought Violet Chiffon was a pretty shade but a little off on my complexion. Like I said, my skin tone is funny about lavender lip colors. I also wasn't keen on the glossiness of the texture. I think this will be the last shade I buy in the Caresse colors.:(

Do you own any Caresse lippies? What colors? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

Rai on 8:09 AM said...

I love this shade! Looks great on you. ;)

Unknown on 11:47 PM said...

Thanks sis! I watched your video and that's how I decided to get this color. lol