The party season is almost upon us so it’s time to take a long, hard look at your nails girls. Don’t worry, you don’t need to grow talons in the next couple of weeks, shorter nails can look just as glamorous and be more sensible during the working day.
The chicest nails this season are short and square or oval, just so long as the tips of your nails are all of equal lengths and only slightly longer than the tips of your fingers then you’re doing fine.
So what about the “in” colors for the party season? It really is a case of anything goes but if you really want to be stylish then opt for reds with lots of sparkle or glitter, metallics, deep plumy reds or brownish reds, fire engine reds or go all out for the vamp look. The bolder you are the better your nails will like it. If you are a little bit of a nail perfectionist then add a French manicure line in silver or gold along the tips for the ultimate glamour.
Another great idea is to go for deep, dark and luscious red polishes then spot it with dots of gold or silver – you could use some of the fabulous trendy nail jewelry if you want to.
So how can you make sure that your painted party nails are going to last for more than one party?
Here’s the deal:
• Always apply a base coat first, this will protect your nails and stop them from drying out or staining.
• Apply a thin layer of your chosen nail polish and leave it to dry thoroughly – then apply another coat over the top. This will give a fabulous depth of color which is impossible to achieve in just one coat, even with the most expensive nail polishes.
• When you apply your final coat of nail polish color take it slightly over the tip of the nail, this will help to prevent chipping.
• After your nails are completely dry apply a top coat which will not only protect the coat but also make it brilliantly shiny.
• If the color starts to look faded or you do notice any chips appearing you can simply apply another thin layer of polish to make your nails look good as new.
And that’s really all that there is to it. Shorter nails can carry off dramatic colors without looking over the top, and shorter nails really do stay chip-free for longer as they are less prone to splitting and cracking.
Follow this guide for a super polished, fashionable look which really does take only the minimum amount of effort.
There are some really beautiful nail jewels available these days which can help to lift your nails to an entirely new level. They are available online and in many drug stores and department stores. They are easy to apply and can make a big difference to the overall appearance of your nails and your party look.
thesalonoutlet.com. There’s a great selection of products and tips for both the professional beauty therapists and amateur enthusiasts who like to enjoy a professional make-up at the minimum of cost. Check out the website at http://thesalonoutlet.com/ for all of the latest fashions, styles, products and great prices. If you want to really stand out this party season then it’s time to start planning your wardrobe and your make-up now, and this is a great place to start.