Be Happy...

Sunday, March 04, 2007


One of my favorite songs in "Be Happy" by MJB. Those two words are my greatest wish. I decided to make some "happiness" and get out of town!


I choose this Saturdayto get out the U. And not to Spartanburg but to Lugoff SC to see my homie/soror "T.Hall". Lugoff's about 15 mins from Columbia so we end up going into the "Metro" for dinner and shopping on Saturday after I arrived. We met our other sorority sister Jenn who was in town @ Travinia Italian Kitchen. It was some the best Italian I've had in a long time. I had the Pasta Mia Nona( Bowtie pasta,shaved grilled chicken,mushrooms and sundried tomatoes tossed with a roasted garlic cream sauce). Luckily for me, there is one in Greenville that I'm already plotting on going to!!!


Next,we went to a part of Columbia I literally never been on. I mean I thought I knew the city but I was surprised when we rolled on a new HUGE shopping development called Town Center. It already has a NY&CO,Ann Taylor Loft, Belk,Starbucks, a movie theater, and Books A Million but it also had tons of speciality shops lined in a street walk kind of atmosphere. One we dipped into was Hand Picked in which I picked up two very sweet pair of earrings and hope to go back soon for more intense browsing. I picked up THREE people THREE new books for my fashion/beauty library:The Handbook of Style( I think Ms. Julia would love this one), finally,How to Be A Budget Fashionista, and How To Walk In High Heels at Books A Million.

I had such a great day!!!I so needed it and to spend time with friends. :)


Be Happy!!!


Jamie

2 comments:

yummy411 on 9:49 AM said...

hi jamie! glad you had a good time.... and picked up some cool stuff. so, i realized after picking up the latest mags and flipping through, what i wanted to hear about most is the makeup application and products... so between you and my new found revelation, i have a pretty big order for amazon! i'm excited about the books. before, i didn't want beauty books (or start a beauty library) trying not to be a total makeup junkie. oh well!

Unknown on 3:59 PM said...

Kia,

Most of my books are fashion and beauty books. I mean I read other stuff,fiction and non-fiction but read so much in college and grad school that I just want fun reads sometimes. Having fashion library helps you refer to things when you are in a bind or have a question can't find on the 'net.