Apple Brandy Chicken recipe!

Friday, October 19, 2007


Here it is...the recipe for Apple Brandy Chicken. For my girl *B* splurge, girl and do it with shrimp!! or one of those Gardenburger Chik'n Patties.:)


1/2 cup olive oil

4 6=ounce boneless skinless chicken halves

Salt

Black Pepper

1 cup all purpose flour

2 tablespoons unsalted butter

1tablespoon chopped shallot

2 Red Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and sliced

1/2 cup apple juice

1/4 brandy( I used E&J)

1/2 heavy cream


1. In a heavy saute' pan heat olive oil over medium heat.Season Chicken with salt and pepper.Dredge chicken in flour.Add chicken to pan and saute' until golden brown.


2.Add butter and shallot;saute until tender.Add apple slices;saute' until tender.Add apple juice;simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.Add cream;simmer until sauce is thickened.




From Turn Up The Heat by G.Garvin Copyright 2006


Jamie

8 comments:

yummy411 on 11:53 PM said...

ooh thanks so much james! i can't wait to try this this weekend =) scrumptious... look out for any emails or so asking for tips or clarification help lol

yummy411 on 3:01 PM said...

jamie... what about the e&j? do you add that during the second steps?

Unknown on 3:20 PM said...

When the recipe asks for brandy, that's the e&J. I know, I didn't know that "erk and jerk" was brandy either!

yummy411 on 6:38 PM said...

i was asking about the instructions... in the instructions it never says to add the brandy and i figured that it must be added during the second steps... (you don't have to publish this)

*B* Fab on 3:00 PM said...

thanks soooo much! I'm totally going to cook this in the near future, I hope...hahaha

Unknown on 4:43 PM said...

kia- oops!! I'm so sorry.I must of left that out. Add the brandy after the apple juice. That's actually in the recipe book. And I forgot to type it. Duh:(

yummy411 on 1:35 PM said...

hey jamie! ok we (my mom and i) tried the recipe with a few alterations lol, since we decided on it for Sunday. I couldn't find shallots at our local grocer (how typical) and E&J was out of the question so I got imitation rum... unfortunately we didn't have cream (they were out of that too). either way it came out very tasteful! i loved the mix of chicken, apples, onions and the imitation rum. i've always liked to mix my fruit with my meats... i need to find a good chicken and mango recipe!

i liked fatback and sushi as a blog by itself, but being at another site it was easier to not address my goal of learning to cook and be involved in my culinary interests. now with the blogs integrated, it forces me to see it. i'm glad. i need it and it's on a small scale (since i can't afford any other obsessions and interests lol) thanks jamie!!

Unknown on 6:11 PM said...

Kia-That's so good. I almost skipped the cream just because I don't like creamy food very often. I once saw in a magazine a Grilled Chicken with Mango Salsa recipe. I'll try to hunt it down for you.:)

I loved my Fatback and Sushi blog but I wasn't keepin it up. So I just started to blog about the food on this blog. I'm glad you like it and it helps you out!:)

Jamie