A "Great "Challenge...

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Day 40 over on Blogdorf Goodman's 40 days and 40 nights of Beauty Cult Classics ended with the ever so questionable Maybelline Great Lash Mascara. I, along with others, in the comments section expressed our bad experiences with it. It wasn't til I came across a comment that said that most makeup artists use it on false lashes cause it works better, I thought I would challenge that. Since I've only applied false lashes once and used Great Lash a couple of times without the results I liked, how about a personal challenge?

Here are the goodies:

Maybelline Great Lash

Ardell Starter Lash Kit

Maybelline Nail Lacquer( courtesy of Rite Aid/Edkerds...some buy mascara get nail polish free joint.)


So...I did this on Friday morning, like I didn't need to get to the Le Lion at 8:00 am with the midgets watching Noggin( actually Kelton Patrick was watching me, he watches me put on makeup all the time.). Here I am in the car.
Here I am close up. I did it! I put on the lashes. Kia, are you proud of me? lol!Well, I cut them in half and put them on and then put on a couple of coats of Great Lash. Okay, it worked well but then I had some eye watering episode during the day and the Great Lash started to run. Of course the lashes stayed intact. I don't about Great Lash on my natural lashes but I like the sooty blackness it gave the fake lashes.

I'll give myself a B+ on this...What ya'll think? And check out this "The Mystery of Maybelline Great Lash" over at Jolie In NYC. Explains everything.:)

Jamie

5 comments:

Kim {The Stylish Life} on 7:25 PM said...

So that's the Great Lash secret, huh? Use it on falsies. Okay I was wondering what the hype was about. Great Lash was my high school mascara and I wasn't that jazzed about it back then. Your lashes look great girl!!!

yummy411 on 11:57 PM said...

aww jamie! good discovery! i'm still not compelled to go and buy great lash to put the theory to the test LOL!

yes i am proud of you! are you proud of me? (refer to my last fotd where i applied some lashes) i got some watery eye episodes too, but i think it was either my eyes being super sensitive from allergies, or a lot of glue trying to make sure they adhered properly LOL! hey what are you fav lashes? i'm on the hunt for mine!

Unknown on 12:33 PM said...

Kim-Thanks mama!!

Kia-I knew you would be proud of me!! I was scared to put them on but I did it. Then I put them on for church on Sunday. lol! Now, in your last FOTD, do have on a full row lashes or half?

The Ardell ones were okay but one of my girlfriend got some from MAC put on that were so fluffy looking and heard that NYC ones were like a best kept secret.

Michelle (Mick-Mick) on 1:48 PM said...

Very nice! I love the colors. I am also glad that you cut those lashes.

Unknown on 8:30 PM said...

Micki- Yeah I cut them or else I would have been looking like I Love New York!!