Rural Glamour: Me and The Cosmetics Settlement...

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Jamie's account of The Cosmetics Settlement:):

I didn't go the the first day it started, which was 1/20/09. It snowed down here and when it snows in South Carolina, the world stops turning and every one runs out to get milk and bread from Bi-Lo. Plus...it was all day "midgetry", Kel and Boo, because school was cancelled too...

I went today instead, bright and late around noon. When I got to Dillard's, I signed a list then I was handed a list of the items that where available. I had already eyeballed the list at home, but whatever. The SA quickly highlighted what was LEFT... Clinique Moisture Surge( pass...not a Clinique fan...and has had this before in the past) Armani Code Shower Gel( For Men...Kel and Boo ain't old enough, ha!) and Estee Lauder Night Repair. WTF? Sigh...I went reluctantly and picked up the Night Repair, which better than nothing.

But I just blew my mind that in 24 hrs this was all that was left. None of the 10 or so Lancome Mascaras...but just those three items. I dared to think of driving to Greenville to the Dillards and Macy's up there to see what they had left but I changed my mind and got on the road home.

What did you get from the Cosmetics Settlement Giveway? Let me know!!!


But on a good note, my Victoria's Secret decided to bring out some of the leftover semi annual sale stuff on the beauty side of the store. I got:


Pout Beauty to Wear Treasure Chest-3.75( regularly 25.00)
Beauty Rush Oil Blotting Sheets-1.25
Just Kiss Me Glossy Lip Balm( I wanted this the last Semi Annual Sale and passed on it and was thinking about it since...and there is was)-3.00=9.01 with tax included.


Jamie

8 comments:

Isis on 5:22 PM said...

Ok, so we had similar thinking...how many products did they send per store?!! GEEZ!

Got the EXACT same thing!!! It was the lesser of three evils.

I've convinced myself they only had 4 mascara's per store...ain't no way those giveaways are lasting the week...

Unknown on 6:34 PM said...

Are you serious?!!! You had the same three available and got the night repair too...OMG. Something ain't right about this!lol!

Anonymous said...

Well you know I racked up...LOL! I went to 6 different stores in 2 malls that are right next to each other and was able to get a bonus item since my mom had gone out earlier! My friend went out today to another mall and she racked up again, but I didn't go, didn't feel like being out in the cold although I'd like to get some more mascara!

I got:
2 Vera Wang princess body polish
Coco Mmllse lotion
2 Lancome mascaras
and even though I hate them 2 clinique moitsture surges

I wont be using the clinique stuff but the other stuff for sure!

Unknown on 12:07 PM said...

B...I'm proud of you.If U had those many stores in my area to get the products I would've done the same hustle.:) Enjoy Darling!!

Isis on 2:40 PM said...

Can a brown girl turn "green" B Fab did the Make Up Hustle...I made it to the "big" mall after work...

Copped the Lancome Mascara on the way in, on the way out there was a shift change and well, you know the rest...

another mascara...LOL Hate the brush on it, it reminds of the L'Oreal Telescopic...which is probably the spin off drugstore item since they're one in the same but I won't complain about free : )

Unknown on 5:08 PM said...

Must be Fatale. I've never like any Lancome Mascaras. but free is free...work that mascara out!

yslchick on 9:40 PM said...

I got Coco Mademoiselle body lotion and vera wang princess body polish (the SA told me it was lotion but it is a shower gel)

Unknown on 4:14 PM said...

I live in a relatively small city and i still didnt get what I wanted I went the first day and the list was pretty small by noon when I got there I left with Sarah Jessica Parker shower gel Lovely *boo*