Review: L'Oreal H.I.P. Kohl Eyeliner in Black....

Monday, February 23, 2009


I've had this little trinket,L'Oreal H.I.P. Kohl Eyeliner in Black, for about a month. I just wanted really get my thoughts together on it. Well, fortunately my thoughts are pretty short...because all you want to know is..."Should I buy one or not?" Right? That's what I'm thinking when I'm TRYING read thru a long review on a product....
So...
Positives:
-It's Black...like the intense black.But in order to get that intense you must be prepared for fall-out( I get on that later)
-The line it gave was good, smoky and velvety...oh.... It's good for that smokey eye look I'm sick of.:)
-Cute packaging!!!
-The selection of colors were gorgeous and tempting to snatch up but...
Negative:
-At my CVS and the nearest Walgreens they were $11.99...I mean there are MAC eyeshadows and liners at the CCO CHEAPER than that. WTH L'Oreal? Ya'll getting little too bossy for ya britches. Folks start raving..."Oh this HIP joint is the poor girl's MAC" and ya'll raise prices...geeezz...
-FALL-OUT!!! It's basically a loose powder on a stiff tip applicator...I don't know how to get it on with fall-out. I even dusted the thing off...still all over my cheek it went.
Consensus:
Don't buy it. Not for 11.99. Not even on a BOGO Free( like I did)....
Jamie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad i read your review AFTER I bought all six colors.

Like mentioned above, the applicator that comes with the bottle is not appropriate for its task.

The loose powder falls all over the face and leaves behind dark traces of color.

I tried to remove black off my checks only to be despaired. It ruined my foundation and I had to redo my look with a MAC powerpoint.

Save yourselves the trouble, girls. DO NOT BUY THIS!

Anonymous said...

Great colors - horrible applicator. :(