Ah....

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Ah...a new book. Well, its new to me. I got the boys up and we headed to the 'Burg for a little mommy/twins time at the bookstore. The intention was to get them some books about Halloween so that they can tell me what they want to be for Halloween so I can get the costumes. And looking for books about fall for them. They were not even interested! They found some strange fake cell phone Dora the Explorer book thing to whine about. But I ended up picking up this book for 4.95 and WWD Beauty August 2007. I tell you, that Barnes and Noble in Spartanburg is whiggedy wack when it comes to getting the WWD additions of having any kind of magazine or beauty book selection. I went to eye the Nina Garcia book for the fifty-eleventh time and it was stuck under the Yoga section...Get it together!!!

Anyhow...I can't wait to start to read it. I had been searching for something to indulge in reading. All the fiction seems so sexual and urban and stuff. All because I'm a black woman doesn't mean I only read Zane or that genre of fiction. If ya'll have any suggestions on good fiction or good biography, which are my favs, let me know.

Peace...

Jamie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dorothy Dandrige's biography is great I also enjoy anything about the kennedy's

Miss Kim, Product Junkie on 10:31 AM said...

I feel you on the books. I hate urban novels and I've never read anything by Zane. Just not my cup of tea at all. I think you would really enjoy Alex Wek's book.

Anonymous said...

I totally understand about the fiction out now. I find myself reading christian fiction. I can never remember my google username or password.