Review:Lush Dark Angels...

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

“This is our soft black sugar scrub that feels oh-so-good when you rub it in and leaves your skin glowing. The velvety texture is sprinkled with black sugar and powdered charcoal to gently exfoliate and cleanse away excess oils. We add rhassoul mud and vitamin-rich cold pressed organic avocado oil to soften, moisturize and nourish skin, as well as sandalwood and rosewood oils to soothe. We're all in love with this daily cleanser (even those of us who don't have young or oily skin can't resist it!).”

Lush Website on Dark Angels Cleanser

Pros:

-effective as a scrub. Closed pores, smoothed my skin

-Clean smell. I think smells like good ol’ tea tree oil

-Washed off well. No sixths, sevenths, or eighth washes

-a pinch is all you need. Will last a good while

Cons:

-after washing, left an oily film that I wasn’t sure I liked. I like squeaky clean skin after scrubbing

-Some might not like the smell

-Overscrubbing and overuse might have contributed to a breakout

Jamie’s Take:

When I first started using Dark Angels, I was impressed by the effect that it had on my skin. Within a week, the larger pores on my face had closed up and my skin felt great. I was using twice day which have led to a breakout the next week. Yes, I blame myself for a breakout. I was over scrubbing. I would suggest using this twice a week at night, so that your skin can repair itself from the scrub. Great exfoliater. I need to get to a Lush store quickly!!

****Thanks to the folks over at Lush for this product sample!!!****

3 comments:

♥ Schokofee ♥ on 10:12 PM said...

Hey,
I really like your blog and start to follow it now. I'm from Germany but I have family in Miami I'm visitin right now. While I was searchin some products and came to your site and here I am :D
Maybe you want to visit my blog?
I will put a translation widget on it, so you can read it. :-)

http://schoko-fee.blogspot.com

Kayla on 12:47 PM said...

Sounds nice! I might have to pick some up next time I walk by a Lush.

Unknown on 5:30 PM said...

Schokofee-thanks. I like your blog too! I couldnt find the translate button though. Help! lol

Kayla-It's a great scrub.IF you get it, let me know what you think of it:)